- 1 At a Glance – August 13, 2016 – August 13, 2021
- 2 The Jerome Powell Corporate Support Years
At a Glance – August 13, 2016 – August 13, 2021
90 DTE, exit @ 66 days
90 DTE, Exit 66 dte, 300% Stop Loss
90 DTE, Exit 66 dte, 200% Stop Loss
90 DTE, Exit 66 dte, 100% Stop Loss
90 DTE, exit @ 30 days
90 DTE, Exit 30 dte, 300% Stop Loss
90 DTE, Exit 30 dte, 200% Stop Loss
90 DTE, Exit 30 dte, 100% Stop Loss
The Jerome Powell Corporate Support Years
Beginning March 2020 – August 2021
I wanted to compare the data to see if Jerome Powell and the Feds had an effect on the market. Looking at the graph above it appears that SPX really started to take off at the end of 2020. Was this because of Jerome Powell’s and the Fed’s policies? I personally think it was.
** Note: The data and charts show that the majority of profit over the past 5 years in the SPX above and below were made within the Jerome Powel Policy Years.
Starting in March of 2020 the Feds started injecting money into businesses. This is where I will start the timeline.
Supporting Corporations and Businesses
- March 17, 2020 Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF) to support the flow of credit to households and businesses
- March 23, 2020 Direct lending to major corporate employers – PMCCF and SMCCF
- April 9, 2020 Supporting loans to small- and mid-sized businesses
- July 2020 Supporting loans to non-profit institutions
There is much more the Feds did to inject money into the “economy” that can be read about here: https://www.brookings.edu/research/fed-response-to-covid19/